I have been in the drycleaning business for over 30 years and I still hear this myth constantly. There is nothing that I am aware of in the properties of club soda that will remove stains. In fact, it can do more harm than good in most cases.
Picture this…you are in a restaurant and you spill salad dressing on your favorite shirt. You immediately yell…..excuse me, please get me some club soda …I spilled something on my shirt. Once you have the bubbly liquid, tablets generic zoloft contain the active ingredient sertraline hydrochloride you dip your napkin in and go to town rubbing the soda on the stain. In most cases:
- You leave a big wet ring around the stain because..as you know…“oil and water don’t mix”
- You pull the color out of the shirt from rubbing so hard and/or you used a colored napkin and the dye from the napkin transfers onto the garment.
- The stain lightens up but is not removed leaving a yellowish ring around the stain.
- You look more foolish with a big wet stain on your shirt than before. Sound Familiar.
The best way to handle this catastrophe is:
- Blot, Blot, Blot the stain with a white napkin….do not rub!
- If washable, soak the garment for 30 minutes in a small bowl or your washing machine with dish washing liquid or detergent before washing.
- If drycleanable or you want us to handle the fiasco, bring to us asap and tell customer service rep what the stain is and if you tried to treat it yourself. Don’t be embarrassed….like doctors…we’ve seen it all before.
We are here to help, so call me personally at 860-677-2030 for home washing advice or with any questions about our services. You can read more blog posts, become a valued customer, request a pick up, or join rewards at edricks.com or facebook.com/edricksdryclean.
Here’s to clean clothing.